Recently Bought a new Laptop, Cellphone, PC or any other Electronic Device for your House or Business?
- Research proves that people daily buy new Laptops, Cell Phones, PC’s, TV’s and other electronic equipment and the old stock ends up in the Trash Can.
- Electronic waste [e- waste] ends up in Landfills.
- Dangerous Toxic Materials like lead, mercury, arsenic, and cadmium can cause enormous environmental problems. Many of these metals comprise circuit boards, computer chips, monitors and even wiring.
- Flame-retardant chemicals in some electronics might pose potential health risks when exposed.
- While these dangerous elements are safely encased in our computers and devices, there is no danger but if the devices break, it can leak and contaminate the atmosphere, ground, and water.
- Bioaccumulation occurs when people plants and animals build up levels of toxic substances in their bodies faster than they can get rid of it.
- Biomagnification occurs when toxin levels accumulate within the food chain. For example, plankton might absorb low levels of mercury and fish eat large amounts of plankton. The problem accumulates as birds or humans eat the mercury-tainted fish. Bioaccumulation is already happening in much of the United States wild-caught fish supplies.
Proven fact about E-Waste Recycling
Only 18% of the 2.25million tons of used and unwanted Electronic Waste are collected for Recycling each year.
82% Winds up in landfills.
In 2016, 44,7 Million metric tonnes of Electronic waste were generated. – The Equivalent of 4500 Eiffel Towers
How to prevent your old Electronic Equipment to be come Toxic
Do you have old TV’s, Computers, Monitors, Keyboards or any other Electronic device, big or small, that needs to go?
You can count on us to handle your electronic recycling safely and efficiently, giving you peace of mind.
- We will act in the most environmentally responsible manner and with the highest level of sensitivity to our client’s security and privacy needs.
- Many items that people bring to us will be refurbished or recycled and either reused or donated to a charity.
- We will disassemble Electronics and other items that are old or defective, and reclaim metals, plastics, and other usable content.
- We will only work with partners that share our commitment to responsible stewardship of the environment.
- We’re working hard to keep our environment clean and green.
We are members of AOR (Association of Oregon Recyclers) and our facility have been inspected by DEQ.
We are also part of Oregon’s Metro Recycling program and in the process of becoming, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and R2 (highest standards recognized by the EPA).
SBC Recycle is one of the largest recycling companies in Oregon and has been in business for over 18 years. We have a team of 16 employees who will take care of your recycling needs in a safe and efficient manner.
Some of our Customers include OHSU, Pacific University, Xerox, Nike, City of Milwaukee, Oregon Clinic, Sears and Siemens
We are compliant, certified and equipped to do your Electronic Recycling
SBC Recycle will save your company time and money by supplying you with a durable e-waste container which we will regularly empty for free For your convenience we offer online scheduling and same or next day e-waste pick-ups.
Avoid lawsuits against your company by making use of our state of the art data destruction system.
You can have peace of mind as you watch how we physically destroy hard drives and sensitive material on your premises. We will also sign a contract and issue you a data destruction certificate which puts the responsibility for any future data breaches square on our shoulders and lets you sleep at night.